Bio: Jay Detling is an experienced digital leader who has worked across a range of businesses comprised of digital services, SaaS and subscription software products and channel teams. He has grown organizations through Greenfield expansion and strategic acquisitions and was president and part of a management team that took a company public on the NYSE. He has led global teams, completed multiple acquisition integration scenarios, and successfully sold PE-backed organizations to Accenture and Salesforce as an operator and investor. With more than 25 years of experience, his areas of expertise include commerce, digital marketing, creative services, strategy, market growth acceleration, technology partnerships, client service, product development, global expansion, corporate boards, working with private equity and employee advocacy. Jay is an active alumnus of the University of Notre Dame with long standing impact to the University and the College of Arts and Letters. Jay majored in Economics with a minor in Computer Applications, which was the program preceding the current Computing & Digital Technologies Program.
- You are still in school, why should you spend any time on the next step?
- Building your personal narrative and brand - what do you want to be known for?
- Don't let FOMO rule the day - be aware of the dangers
- Paths in technology careers, how do they all intersect?
- What is the actual business behind software (e.g. Adobe, SAP) or professional services (e.g. Accenture, Deloitte) companies?
- How you can stand out to prospective employers
- Fill in your gaps - how to obtain experience outside of your core