Come one! Come all! You’re invited to attend the ND Cybersecurity Carnival presented by Google. This festive event is an opportunity to show off your cyber skills and learn more about cybersecurity at the carnival tents and booths. Plus, you have a chance to win prizes—while enjoying carnival food, comedy shows and more!
It will be held Tuesday, October 4 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the Dahnke Family Ballroom, Duncan Student Center.
Think you are cyber savvy? Test your skills by playing these fun games:
- Go Phish!—How good are you at spotting a phishing email?
- Password Ring Toss—Pitch rings to identify common passwords
- Cover the Hotspot—How well do you know your home network hotspots?
- Slam the Spam—Answer trivia questions & try to score some real Spam!
- Always a Winner—Can you find the prize card or will you pick the hacker?
- Password Poetry—Can you build a strong password that rises to the challenge?
- The Key to Cybersecurity—Fish for the right key to win a prize!
- Password Strongman—Can you identify the strongest password?
In addition to the games, be sure to wander through the Museum of Mishaps to see this unconventional gallery showcasing parodied recognizable masterpieces depicting security gaffes.
Have you ever wondered how TV detectives know how to pick a lock? You can learn for yourself at the Lock Picking booth. Plus, find out more about the sport of ethical lock picking. Yes, it is a sport!
Don’t miss Security Night Live featuring comedy performances every hour that showcase talented ND students in a variety of hilarious security situations.
Be sure to stop by the Cybersecurity photo booth to pose with your friends, coworkers or residents from your dorm, and post it on the carnival’s social media sites:
- Instagram: oitatnd
- Twitter: OITatND
- Facebook: #NDCybersecurityCarnival
One of the highlights is that all attendees will be entered to win raffle prizes such as:
- Electric scooters
- PlayStation 5
- Yeti cooler
- Gift cards
- And more!
This event is free to ND faculty, staff and students, and hosted by the Office of Information Technologies (OIT) in celebration of National Cybersecurity Awareness Month. Additional information is available on this OIT web page.
Originally published by oit.nd.edu on September 22, 2022.at